Alta Bicycle Share designs, deploys, and manages bicycle share programs and systems worldwide. Public bike sharing systems combine the convenience and flexibility of a private vehicle with the accessibility and reliability of mass transit.
Overview of Position:
We at Alta Bicycle Share located in NYC are looking for a Technical Project Manager who thinks relentlessly about who does what by when, everything that can go wrong, and how to make it all come together in the end. Someone who knows enough about technology to identify risks and evaluate plans, but doesn’t need to be the one actually writing the code or designing the system. Someone who always has a plan B and a Plan C, and can stay cool when everything else seems to be going wrong. This is an exciting opportunity for a high performing individual to be part of the Technology Team in a growth environment.
The Technical Project Manager will report to/support the Vice President of Technology to help deliver the desired products and projects on time, on target and on budget. This position includes project management responsibilities for one or more complex projects. These projects typically utilize vendor participation and require complex schedules and integration with other systems and multiple contractors.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, and risks for critical aspects of aggressive and complex bikeshare systems rollouts and upgrades.
- Hold relevant contracted and in-house resources accountable for timeliness and quality of all deliverables
- Work with contractors to understand production and supply chain, and mitigate risks and issues.
- Identify and manage project risks through deep communication and collaboration with contractors and in-house technical and operational teams.
- Create contracts by developing scopes of work, estimating costs, identifying contractors, and negotiating contract awards.
- Report qualitatively and quantitatively on project status, progress, and risks.
- Develop and manage team project management tools and processes
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or analytical field and 5+ years of progressively more responsible experience.
- Experience managing at least one large and complex technology project or program across multiple teams or contractors.
- Technical experience and/or training sufficient to understand project technical risks.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus, negotiate solutions and alternatives, and resolve conflicting high-priority requirements.
- Travel: will vary but must be willing/able to travel up to 25%.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Located in or willing to relocate to New York City metro area.
- A Master’s degree in an engineering or analytical field.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
- Experience creating contracts and managing contractors.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Passion for bicycling/bikeshare and progressive urban transportation on issues.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Alta Bicycle Share is a drug-free workplace.