Associate Transit Management Analyst – Department of Subways – Performance and Expense Analysis Units
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) is the largest public transportation agency in North America and one of the largest in the world, with 24/7 bus and subway service, and an average daily ridership of more than 7 million customers. We are 46,000 diverse employees working in a variety of fields that include, but are not limited to: Architecture, Engineering, Finance, Enterprise Asset Management, Change Management and Human Resources, Telecommunications, Information Technology, Procurement, Safety, Security and skilled trades.
NYCT Department of Subways is seeking talented and ambitious individuals to join a dynamic team within their Performance Analysis Unit (PAU) and Expense Analysis Unit (EAU). PAU is a new internal consulting group for the Department of Subways. This unit will support various Subway Operating Divisions and improve performance by designing and conducting analyses to identify trends and root causes. EAU provides financial support to the Department of Subways. This team prepares, allocates and presents the Department of Subways $3.8 billion operating budget. These career opportunities offer direct involvement in improved performance initiatives and financial planning programs that support NYCT effective operations and the continued vibrancy and prosperity of the Metro NYC region.
These positions offer a robust benefits package that includes: competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit plans and promotional opportunities.
The selected PAU candidate will coordinate agency wide performance initiatives, monitor and track status, evaluate effectiveness, and make recommendations. The incumbent will seek out relevant data from across NYC Transit, make inquiries of Operating Division managers, and perform other fieldwork. The selected candidate must develop a solid understanding of operations and become an expert on various subway performance metrics. In addition, the individual will set up workflows to populate Subways central performance database with current and historic information from data stores across the agency. The analysts may design and automate performance reports, and periodically disseminate data via reports, dashboards, slideshows, videos, and web-based tools for Operating Divisions.
The selected EAU candidate will be required to thoroughly understand the unique operations of each Subways Division and their fiscal needs through meetings, research, and field visits. Working closely with the Operating Divisions, the selected candidate will respond to funding requests and reduction targets through analytic efforts to determine the most appropriate and cost efficient means of meeting stated objectives. The analysts will be involved with functions pertaining to budget development, variance analyses, overtime analyses, and forecasting models, as well as work outside their core area in an effort to creatively problem solve and to support the success of the Unit as a whole.
- Assistant Transit Management Analyst I / II – A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business/Public Administration, Public Policy, Transportation Planning, Urban/Planning studies or a related field and two (2) years of full-time related experience.
- Associate Transit Management Analyst – A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business/Public Administration, Public Policy, Transportation Planning, Urban/Planning studies or a related field, and three (3) years of full-time related experience, of which one (1) year must have been in the transportation industry; or
- Satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Experience and strong interest in rapid transit design and operations
- Works creatively and independently
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Skilled with project management methods and systems
- Familiarity with analyzing large data sets
- Proficient with MS Excel, including pivot tables, lookup/index functions, and VBA macros
- Adept with MS Word, technical writing, and data analysis narratives
- Understanding proficient with MS PowerPoint and graphic presentation skills
- Experience with regression analyses and basic statistical concepts
- Proficient with MS Access and/or other relational databases and querying languages
- Knowledge of database design and maintenance; integrating/consolidating existing databases
- Basic understanding of computer programming and web development
- Familiarity with dashboards and visual presentation of data
To Apply, Visit our website:
http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/, Select Job Postings, Agree to the Privacy Statement, Select MTA New York City Transit and Search for Assoc. Transit Mgmt. Analyst, Performance and Expense Analysis Units, Subways, Job ID, 83344