The Senior Planner will work in the Systems Development Division of the Austin Transportation Department. This position will work on the supply and demand side of transportation planning. The primary duties for this position will be to conduct transportation focused development review for implementation of the City’s Complete Streets Policy and assist the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program with implementation of priority strategies and projects.
– Responsible for transportation focused development review consistent with the City’s Complete Streets Policy.
– Receive all development review applications through our internal permitting system (AMANDA), identify and coordinate appropriate level of review (includes zoning, subdivision, and site plan applications) and establish review timeline.
– Review and identify necessary actions related to implementation of mobility plans for development applications including both infrastructure and transportation demand management recommendations as applicable.
– Assist the Transportation Engineering Division with review of related Transportation Impact Analysis, Neighborhood Transportation Analysis, Rough Proportionality calculations, and other mitigation.
– Assist in the development and implementation of new TDM strategies and projects (i.e. Smart Trips Austin, Commuter Benefits Ordinance development, TDM Executive Report).
– Review and enforce TDM regulations and/or incentives as required by code.
– Assist with the development of TDM policy for the current update to the City’s transportation plan, the Austin Strategic Mobility Plan.
– Research TDM best-practices and produce associated white papers, reports, presentations, etc.
– Familiarity with the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) Design Guides and other transportation regulatory requirements and guidelines (i.e. local code, Manual on Uniform Transportation Devices, ITE Trip Generation tables, etc.)
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
– Ability to work in a collaborative manner with a diverse group of stakeholders from multiple city departments and outside agencies.
– Strong problem solving skills.
– May assist with other Austin Transportation Department projects as needed.