Internship Alert! Research Internship Program – District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT)
District of Columbia’s Department of Transportation (DDOT) Research Internship Program engages full-time students to work on specific research topics around the agency. The internship program allows DDOT to conduct research into topics of interest while also serving as a resource for students to acquire practical skills. The Howard University Transportation Research Center (HUTRC) recruits the interns and manages the program on DDOT’s behalf.
- Library Intern
- Human Resources Business Partnering Intern
- Civil Engineering Design Scope and Cost Estimation Intern
- Green Infrastructure Research for DDOT Construction Projects Intern
- Data Consolidation, Processing, and Visualization for ITS Asset Management and Traffic Operations Intern
- Traffic and Crash Data Analyst /Vision Zero Intern
- Performance Management Dashboards Intern
- Active Transportation Intern
- Smart Cities and District Mobility Intern
- Transit Projects Intern [2 positions available]
- Curbside Operations Data Intern [2 positions available] *one of these starts immediately
More details on the positions are in the position descriptions available on the website.