Job Alert! Senior Transportation Planner (Project Manager) – Alameda County Transportation Commission @ Oakland, CA
As a valued team member of the Capital Projects Delivery Team and under the general direction of the Director of Project Delivery, serves as project manager leading the delivery on multi-jurisdictional projects and/or programs at various stages of the delivery process; manages and facilitates the development and/or administration of assigned projects; ensures that projects and programs meet all applicable laws, regulations, funding requirements, and Commission policies; provides complex staff assistance to management staff; and performs related work as required.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in regional or urban planning, transportation planning, civil engineering, business or public administration.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in transportation related activities with emphasis in administering Federal, State, regional, and/or local transportation programs.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
- Possession of related certifications or licenses desirable.
Key Responsibilities (not a comprehensive listing):
- Serves as project manager on transportation projects implemented by Alameda CTC, which includes resource estimating; analysis, and input into conceptual designs of projects; investigating and resolving problems related to scope of work or cost issues; ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Oversees the development of consultant requests for proposals and qualifications for professional services; evaluates proposals and recommends project award; develops and reviews contract terms and amendments; ensures contractor compliance with Commission standards and specifications and time and budget estimates; reviews and updates deliverables; analyzes and resolves complex problems that may arise.
- Tracks project expenditures, reviews invoices for accuracy and consistency with contractual obligations, and recommends appropriate dispersal’s of allocated funds.
- Manages fund programming and project budgets for Federal, State, and local funds within the authority of the organization; assists local agencies in delivery of State and Federally funded projects; resolves project delivery issues between local agencies and funding agencies.
For more details visit our website at http://www.alamedactc.org/app_pages/view/11174
To apply for this position, download an application from our website and submit a cover letter, resume and application by email or mail the completed application materials to:
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland, CA 94607
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $93,905.00 to $122,076.00 /year
- Oakland, CA
- Planning: 5 years